Friday, March 30, 2007

time keeps on slippin', slippin'...

slippin', into the future...
- steve miller band

it's frustrating, really. my creative muse has been on an extended leave of absence - we're talking over a year since i've really been productive. as i've whined about before, a lot of that stems from my dissatisfaction with my own ideas (or extreme lack thereof). and suddenly, that fickle little muse is back and raring to go. that's great! isn't it??

the timing is a little off, unfortunately.

in my 'real life' i'm a self-employed occupational therapist working with kiddos, and lately i seem to have acquired a number of more-than-usual 'quirky' little ones on my caseload. now, don't get me wrong...i love them and the challenges to my knowledge that they pose. but it seems that all my free time right now has been spent doing researchon the internet and consulting with mentors and otherwise looking for additional ways to support these sweet guys - leaving me little play time for myself.
the only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
- albert einstein

we also put our house on the market this week. our big house. our old house. our six-bedrooms-three-bathrooms-90-year-old-lived-in-for-23-years house. between trying to keep it looking nice and going through ALLLLLLLL the assorted junk that fills every square inch (we're packrats and admit it freely, thank you) in order to get it packed up while also showing it to 4 or 5 potential buyers a day...well...time is a precious commodity right now.

and now my muse wants to come out and play???
to achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.
-leonard bernstein

got the plan....more or less. certainly have the 'not quite enough time'. look out...i'm on my way to achieving greatness!!

peace & light -
m'lis

No comments: